SubjectRE: speedstep-centrino: ENODEV

No. As in 2.6.18, speedstep-centrino and acpi-cpufreq are two different drivers/modules that support Enhanced Speedstep in slightly different ways. It depends on your platform/BIOS on which one will work for your system. So you should try loading both those drivers in that order. If you have both compiled in the kernel, these drivers will be loaded (or tried to) in proper order. Please try this with the latest stable 2.6.18 kernel.

Also, can both of you send the complete acpidump output from your system. You can find acpidump in latest version of pmtools package here: http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/lenb/acpi/utils/

Also, it will help if you can open a bug in http://bugme.osdl.org and attach this acpidump to the bug. The issue can be tracked better that way..

Thanks,
Venki