SubjectRe: PCI-DMA: Disabling IOMMU
Date

> Actually if you flip it around and print
> "PCI-DMA: Enabling IOMMU"
>
> and keep quiet if you disable it then users should be happy because its
> turned something on and that is clearly always good 8)

There already is a Using GART IOMMU message afterwards. The reason the
disabling message is there that one can distingush the case of IOMMU
working, but deciding that it's not needed and IOMMU not compiled
in (which unfortunately a few users do even when they need it)

Ok admittedly there is another warning when iommu is disabled, but
would be needed anyways so maybe it's obsolete. But I think it's better
to keep it for now.

-Andi

  Last update: 2006-10-19 15:09    [W:0.062 / U:2.704 seconds]