SubjectRe: exclusive cpusets broken with cpu hotplug
Robin wrote:
> Could this be as simple as a CPU_UP_PREPARE or CPU_DOWN_PREPARE
> removing all the cpu_exclusive cpusets and a CPU_UP_CANCELLED,
> CPU_DOWN_CANCELLED, CPU_ONLINE, CPU_DEAD going through and
> partitioning all the cpu_exclusive cpusets.

Perhaps.

The somewhat related problems, in my book, are:

1) I don't know how to tell what sched domains/groups a system has, nor
how to tell my customers how to see what sched domains they have, and

2) I suspect that Mr. Cpusets doesn't understand sched domains and that
Mr. Sched Domain doesn't understand cpusets, and that we've ended
up with some inscrutable and likely unsuitable interactions between
the two as a result, which in particular don't result in cpusets
driving the sched domain configuration in the desired ways for some
of the less trivial configs.

Well ... at least the first suspcicion above is a near certainty ;).

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...
Programmer, Linux Scalability