    SubjectRe: Bandwidth Allocations under CFQ I/O Scheduler
    Jens Axboe wrote:
    > While that may make some sense internally, the exported interface would
    > never be workable like that. It needs to be simple, "give me foo kb/sec
    > with max latency bar for this file", with an access pattern or assumed
    > sequential io.
    >
    > Nobody speaks of iops/sec except some silly benchmark programs. I know
    > that you are describing pseudo-iops, but it still doesn't make it more
    > clear.
    > Things aren't as simple

    How about "give me 10% of total io capacity?" People understand
    this, and the io scheduler can then guarantee this by ensuring
    that the process gets 1 out of 10 io requests as long as it
    keeps submitting enough.

    The admin can then set a reasonable percentage depending on
    the machine's capacity.

    Helge Hafting

      Last update: 2006-10-18 13:07    [W:0.020 / U:1.448 seconds]