SubjectRe: thoughts on potential cleanup of semaphores?
"Robert P. J. Day" <> writes:

> after submitting one patch related to semaphores and before i submit
> any others, any thoughts whether any of the following clean-ups are
> valid and/or worthwhile? (some are admittedly simply aesthetic but
> better aesthetics is never a bad thing.)

Semaphores and rwsems need a lot of cleanup. Some time ago we put
spinlocks which are a lot more time critical than semaphores
out of line. So the same could be done for semaphores too. This
had the advantages that most of the assembler voodoo wouldn't
be needed anymore and they could be simple straight C implementations
shared by all architectures.

  Last update: 2006-10-16 15:49    [W:0.054 / U:1.524 seconds]