SubjectRe: GRIO in Linux XFS?
Jan Engelhardt wrote:
>> what is the status of GRIO support in the Linux port of XFS?

griov2 supports XFS Linux/Irix on local and cluster volumes but it is
not an open source
project. Please check this link for more information:
http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/tpl/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi/0650/bks/SGI_Admin/books/GRIO2_AG/sgi_html/ch01.html

> Called realtime volume.
> (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFS section 2.11)
>

>> Also, if the answer is 'non existent', what is the recommended
>> alternative? I've got an application that needs to stream a
>> huge amount of data to the harddrive without dropping any and
>> without blocking the sender. We will be pushing the limits
>> of our high-end raid striped disks. This seems the exactly
>> the type of thing GRIO was made for, but last I heard it was
>> missing from Linux XFS with no plans to add it. Any change
>> in that? I know I can get almost there with I/O priorities
>> and the RT features in 2.6... but its not quite the same
>> thing.
>>
>> Apologies if this has been beat to death here or elsewhere...
>> I've googled the heck out of this and rummaged around in the
>> list archives (as much as this fscking corporate firewall will
>> let me) with little result. I'll gladly RTFM if someone can
>> point me at the right one. :-/
>>
>> Feel free to CC me on replies, as I read the LKML in digest
>> format.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Thad Phetteplace
>>
>> -
>> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
>> Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/
>>

> -`J'

  Last update: 2006-10-12 01:29    [W:0.044 / U:0.056 seconds]