SubjectRe: Debugging strange system lockups possibly triggered by ATA commands
Hi Elias,

On 10/10/06, Elias Oltmanns <oltmanns@uni-bonn.de> wrote:
> Testing the queue handling stuff without actually issuing any
> commands seems rather difficult to me as its the callback mechanism
> used to freeze the queue after command completion which I'd really
> like to test. If I don't issue any command, I don't know how to test
> whether the callback procedure and all the rest works as expected.

Try doing a dump_stack(), and nothing else, in the callback. This may
provide some hint.

(Remember to increase console_loglevel so you can see the result on
the console before the hang.)

Shem

  Last update: 2006-10-11 15:23    [W:0.039 / U:0.760 seconds]