    SubjectRE: Hugepage regression
    On Tue, 10 Oct 2006, Chen, Kenneth W wrote:
    > With the pending shared page table for hugetlb currently sitting in -mm,
    > we serialize the all hugetlb unmap with a per file i_mmap_lock. This
    > race could well be solved by that pending patch?

    Hey, nice try, Ken! But I don't think we can let you sneak shared
    pagetables into 2.6.19 that way ;)

    Sorry for not noticing this bug in your original TLB flush fix,
    which had looked good to me.

    Yes, I'd expect your i_mmap_lock to solve the problem: and since
    you're headed in that direction anyway, it makes most sense to use
    that solution rather than get into defining arrays, or sacrificing
    the lazy flush, or risking page_count races.

    So please extract the __unmap_hugepage_range mods from your shared
    pagetable patch, and use that to fix the bug. But again, I protest
    the "if (vma->vm_file)" in your unmap_hugepage_range - how would a
    hugepage area ever have NULL vma->vm_file?

      Last update: 2006-10-10 21:21    [W:0.020 / U:4.860 seconds]