SubjectRe: 2.6.15-mm1 - locks solid when starting KDE (EDAC errors)
On 1/7/06, Dave Jones <davej@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 04:40:12PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > Dave Jones <davej@redhat.com> wrote:

> > > If only someone did a patch to pause the text output after the first oops..
> > >
> > > Oh wait! Someone did!
> > >

> > umm, it'd be more helpful if you'd actually sent the patch so Jesper could
> > apply it so we can find this bug.
> >
> > I think I did one of those too. It required a new kernel boot option
> > `halt-after-oops' or some such. Sounds like a good idea?
>
> I thought Jesper had made a comment in that thread, so was aware of it.
> Looking at the archive, I see was mistaken.

Nope, you are were not mistaken, I did make a comment in that thread
(http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/1/5/204), but that thread had completely
slipped my mind, thank you for the reminder.

> Jesper: http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/1/4/534
> (unmunged diff is at http://lkml.org/lkml/diff/2006/1/4/534/1)

Thanks, I'll apply that (and raise the timeout somewhat, since 2min is
far from enough time for me to write down an entire Oops by hand -
wouldn't it be better if it simply spun in a loop until some magic key
(like enter, esc, break or something) is pressed? Then you have all
the time you might need).

I'll hopefully post a "first Oops" in a little while - stay tuned ;)

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>