    SubjectRe: [OT] ALSA userspace API complexity

    On 2006-01-06, at 01:29, Martin Drab wrote:

    > Because as much as we all don't like it, it is
    > a realistic fact. There's just NO WAY you can responsibly say about
    > any
    > piece software, that it is completely error free.

    You would be for example surprised to see how complex the software
    controlling the breaks
    of a reasonable modern car turns out to be... This is just a
    technical example running contrary
    to your "wisdom". In numerical computations you can find reasonable
    amounts of software
    which is precisely just that - bug free. There are mathematical
    proofs running for hundreds of pages,
    which are just valid. Do you think this kind of guys doesn't ever sit
    down and write
    some piece of software to help out well for example in determining
    some aerodynamics of a plane?
    Are you assuming this kind of applications is trivial and by virtue
    of a natural law bug ridden?

    And by the way: the zero program which has nothing to do is bug free.

      Last update: 2006-01-06 02:01    [W:0.447 / U:0.004 seconds]