    SubjectRe: [Lse-tech] Re: [Patch 6/6] Delay accounting: Connector interface
    Greg KH wrote:

    >On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 12:42:36AM +0000, Shailabh Nagar wrote:
    >

    >>Greg KH wrote:

    >>>Why do you use this when we can send typesafe data through netlink
    >>>messages now?
    >>>

    >>AFAIK, adding new netlink types was frowned upon which is one of the reasons why
    >>connectors were proposed (besides making it easier to use the netlink interface) ?
    >>

    >I don't know about the issue of creating new types (have you tried?),
    >but there is a new netlink message format that pretty should make it
    >just as easy as the connector stuff to send complex message types.

    Thanks - just saw the genetlink patches/interface which seems to handle
    the problem of
    creating new netlink types as well.

    But why do I get the feeling that the delay accounting patches are
    becoming a pawn in deprecating connector usage ? :-)
    I'd rather not run off and implement over genetlink (which no one else
    seems to be using right now) unless there's some
    consensus that connectors are to be deprecated.

    Andrew - any opinions ?

    -- Shailabh