SubjectRe: [Lse-tech] Re: [Patch 6/6] Delay accounting: Connector interface
Greg KH wrote:

>On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 12:42:36AM +0000, Shailabh Nagar wrote:
>

>>Greg KH wrote:

>>>Why do you use this when we can send typesafe data through netlink
>>>messages now?
>>>

>>AFAIK, adding new netlink types was frowned upon which is one of the reasons why
>>connectors were proposed (besides making it easier to use the netlink interface) ?
>>

>I don't know about the issue of creating new types (have you tried?),
>but there is a new netlink message format that pretty should make it
>just as easy as the connector stuff to send complex message types.

Thanks - just saw the genetlink patches/interface which seems to handle
the problem of
creating new netlink types as well.

But why do I get the feeling that the delay accounting patches are
becoming a pawn in deprecating connector usage ? :-)
I'd rather not run off and implement over genetlink (which no one else
seems to be using right now) unless there's some
consensus that connectors are to be deprecated.

Andrew - any opinions ?

-- Shailabh