SubjectRe: blatant GPL violation of ext2 and reiserfs filesystem drivers
On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 06:46:41AM -0700, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 02:18:05PM +0100, Harald Welte wrote:
> > yes. but the point is (according to reports I have received) that the
> > object code (without source code) was available for download on the
> > crossmeta website.
>
> It's still downloadable.
> http://www.crossmeta.com/downloads/crossmeta-add-1_0.zip

thanks for letting me know.

> There is no source included, nor an offer to provide source, nor
> anything which could be construed as to satisfy 3 (c).
>
> Do you want to take this one on, Harald?

I would be happier if someone based in the US (and more familiar with
the US legal system) could take up this one.

Maybe Hans Reiser is interested doing something about it, I've already
had gpl enforcement related contact with him in the past and he seemed
very interested.

I would recommend moving this thread off the technical mailinglists.

Everyone who wants to continue discussing the legal aspects is invited
to join the legal@lists.gpl-violations.org mailinglist, see more info at