SubjectRe: CD writing in future Linux try #2 [ was: Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest) ]
Date
On Jan 31, 2006, at 01:05, Anders Karlsson wrote:
> On 1/31/06, Patrick McFarland <diablod3@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sunday 29 January 2006 06:01, Joerg Schilling wrote:
>>> Danger: Highly Flammable Material. <!>
>>
>> I formally request that Joerg Schilling be banned from the LKML
>> until he learns how to take bugs in his program seriously.
>> cdrecord has bugs, people hit them, and he won't either fix the
>> bugs, or hand maintainership over to someone who wants to fix them.
> [snip]
>
> Don't bother banning him, that won't fix anything. Just don't use
> cdrecord and ignore his posts until he changes attitude. Anyone
> with such an ego will soon notice if he/she is ignored. At least,
> if he is still reading the list, he'll see the quirks and bugs
> reported.

It's always really easy to use a personal ban (IE: killfile). Just
stick a list of email addresses somewhere and configure a mail client
rule to autodelete all messages from those addresses. My list now
has about a hundred addresses (including Jörg's). If they later
decide to be mature/polite/etc and wish to resume discussions,
they're welcome to create a new email account and start posting from
there.

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett

--
Unix was not designed to stop people from doing stupid things,
because that would also stop them from doing clever things.