    SubjectRe: [Patch] sched: new sched domain for representing multi-core
    On Tue, Jan 31, 2006 at 05:12:16PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > It's still not clear what's supposed to be happening here.
    >
    > In build_sched_domains() we still have code which does:
    >

    > for_each_cpu_mask(...) {
    > #ifdef CONFIG_SCHED_MC
    > #endif
    > #ifdef CONFIG_SCHED_SMT
    > #endif
    > }
    > #ifdef CONFIG_SCHED_SMT
    > #endif
    > #ifdef CONFIG_SCHED_MC
    > #endif
    >
    > So in the first case the SCHED_SMT code will win and in the second case the
    > SCHED_MC code will win. I think.

    I am not sure what you mean here. At all the above pointed places, both
    MC and SMT will win if both are configured.

    > The code is so repetitive in there that
    > `patch' may have put the hunks in the wrong place.

    I will check your -mm tree.

    > What is the design intention here? What do we _want_ to happen if both MC
    > and SMT are enabled?

    If both MC and SMT are enabled(and available on the system), then there will
    be two domain levels one for MC and another one for SMT.

    > Also the path tests CONFIG_SCHED_MT in a few places where it meant to use
    > CONFIG_SCHED_SMT, which rather casts doubt upon the testing quality.

    :( Got introduced in my last version of the patch. Thanks for fixing it.

    suresh

      Last update: 2006-02-01 02:50    [W:5.261 / U:0.008 seconds]