    SubjectRE: [OT] 8-port AHCI SATA Controller?

    Highpoint has some that I believe are software raidish.

    They do have on-board parity generators that are used when
    you use there binary only modules.

    I have heard that they will work with later kernels (2.6.15+)
    since the highpoint are a standard Marvell chipset, and they
    seem to be fairly price competitive with JBOD raid controllers,
    and have some controllers that have more than 8 ports, the price
    per port may be better on the larger controllers.

    Using 3 disk software stripe (linux) or 3 disks software stripe
    (binary modules) I have got IO rates of 135MB/second sustained
    over 90-100 GB read/write tests.

      Last update: 2006-01-31 21:40    [W:0.022 / U:1.960 seconds]