James Courtier-Dutton <> wrote:

> Would you be able to add the appropriate kernel bugzilla numbers?

As before people from LKML did not like to even talk about these bugs,
I did stop after sending bug reports to LKML.

> I think it might also be useful to make a list of all the SCSI commands
> that cdrecord uses. Including all the vendor specific ones. One could
> then verify that the Linux kernel is passing them onto the device correctly.

It is simple to find the SCSI commands that cdrecord by scanning the source (*),
but this is something that is subject to frequent change in case cdrecord needs
to add new MMC-4711 commands or in case that I need to add a new vendor unique
command in order to support special features.

*) Just grep for "cdb.cmd"

-- (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin (uni) (work) Blog: