SubjectRe: Request to stop cdrecord's bogus accusations of Linux.
Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de> wrote:

> with this open letter, I officially request that you stop your
> misrepresentations in cdrecord that claim Linux were noncompliant in a
> place where it is conforming to POSIX.
>
> I am not speaking on behalf of any other party here, this is purely my
> personal opinion that is supposed to make sure both sides play fair.
>
> <ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/cdrecord/alpha/AN-2.01.01a05>
> (dated 2006-01-29 20:20" states

I am sorry to see that you still insist in claiming things that are not in this
announcement.

You did inform me about this Linux "self non-compliance" and you are the only
person who did claim that there is a problem. I spend a lot of time in trying
to find a work around for this problem and I am in hope that I did find a
working solution.

Please stop claiming things I did never write!

I did never mention that this was a POSIX non-compliance, this is entirely from
your imagination. I rather mentioned that this is a problem caused by the fact
that Linux changed it's behavior in a way that breaks existing applications.

For this reason it is apropriate to call the code that deals with the problem
"a workaround".

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)