SubjectRe: CD writing in future Linux try #2 [ was: Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest) ]
Matthias Andree <matthias.andree@gmx.de> wrote:

> > > You do the obvious, scanning /dev to find the device file.
> >
> > I am sorry, but you obviously did not understand the problem.
>
> Stop offending people who are trying to be helpful just because they
> suggest different solutions than you expect. You - again - elided
> Albert's crucial part, which even included an offer to fix things:

I am sorry to see your recent dicussion style.

I was asking a question and I did get a completely useless answer as
any person who has some basic know how Linux SCSI would know that
doing a stat("/dev/sg*", ...) will not return anything useful.

If people give useful answers, it makes sense to continue a discussion but it
turns out that "joe average" on KLML replies before thinking about the problem.

Let me ask again:

Is there a way to get (or construct) a closed view on the namespace
for all SCSI devices?

And IMPORTANT: don't answer unless you have a real answer for the problem.

Jörg

js@cs.tu-berlin.de (uni)