    SubjectRe: [2.6 patch] schedule obsolete OSS drivers for removal
    On 1/3/06, Takashi Iwai <tiwai@suse.de> wrote:
    > At Tue, 3 Jan 2006 21:37:32 +0100,
    > Tomasz Torcz wrote:
    > >
    > > On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 09:22:58PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote:

    > > > Well, we keep the compatibility exactly -- OSS drivers don't support
    > > > software mixing in the kernel, too :)
    > >
    > > OSS will support software mixing. In kernel. On NetBSD.
    > > http://kerneltrap.org/node/4388
    >
    > Why do we need to keep the compatibility with NetBSD?

    Software mixing is a really nice feature for people with soundscards
    that can't do hardware mixing, so if the OSS compatibility could
    transparently do software mixing for apps using OSS api that would be
    a very nice extension for a lot of people - I'd say that if NetBSD do
    that they've got the right idea.

    --
    Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>