    SubjectRe: random minor benchmark: Re: Copy 20 tarfiles: ext2 vs (reiser4, unixfile) vs (reiser4,cryptcompress)
    Jens Axboe wrote:

    > So the systime quoted above is basically useless, it doesn't reflect the
    >real time spent in the kernel by far. I think you should note that when
    >you post these scores, otherwise you're really showing a skewed picture.
    He wasn't expecting me to post the benchmark, and I frankly only looked
    at the real time and forgot there was a systime in there that needed
    cutting out when I posted it. My error, not his. I must say though, the
    real time makes me quite happy, especially considering how CPUs are just
    going to keep getting faster.

      Last update: 2006-01-27 09:17    [W:0.020 / U:35.528 seconds]