    SubjectRe: pthread_mutex_unlock (was Re: sched_yield() makes OpenLDAP slow)
    Howard Chu writes:

    [...]

    > But then we have to deal with you folks' bizarre notion that
    > sched_yield() can legitimately be a no-op, which also defies the POSIX
    > spec. Again, in SUSv3 "The /sched_yield/() function shall force the
    > running thread to relinquish the processor until it again becomes the
    > head of its thread list. It takes no arguments." There is no language
    > here saying "sched_yield *may* do nothing at all." There are of course

    As have been pointed to you already, while there is no such language,
    the effect may be the same, if --for example-- scheduling policy decides
    to put current thread back to "the head of its thread list" immediately
    after sched_yield(). Which is a valid behavior for SCHED_OTHER.

    Nikita.

      Last update: 2006-01-26 11:47    [W:0.019 / U:209.024 seconds]