SubjectRe: smp 'nice' bias support breaks scheduler behavior
On Fri, Jan 27, 2006 at 12:54:53PM +1100, Con Kolivas wrote:
> It's not my decision to keep Peter's patch out of mainline. If you can make a
> strong enough case for it then Linus will merge it up even though it's after
> rc1.

I don't want to push Peters patch to 2.6.16, as I haven't tested much.

> Otherwise I'll let Ingo decide on whether to pull the current
> implementation or not - you're saying that with the one thing you described
> that misbehaves that it is doing more harm than fixing smp nice handling.

Are we sure that it really fixes smp nice handling? Its not just one
scenario(bouncing processes on a lightly loaded system), I am talking about.
Imbalance calculations will be wrong even on a completely loaded system..
Are you sure that there are no perf regressions with your patch..

Sorry for commenting on this patch so late.. I was on a very long vacation.
I think it is safe to back that out for 2.6.16 and do more work and get it
in 2.6.17.

thanks,
suresh

  Last update: 2006-01-27 03:14    [W:0.034 / U:0.536 seconds]