SubjectRe: GPL V3 and Linux - Dead Copyright Holders

Linus Torvalds wrote:
> No. You think "v2 or later" is the default. It's not. The _default_ is to
> not allow conversion.
>
> Conversion isn't going to happen.
>
> Linus

Just for clarification. What you are saying is that anyone who insists
on contributing to the kernel under GPLv3 - that code would be
prohibited from being included in the kernel? That to contribute to the
kernel you must contribute under the terms presently in place?

I'm just asking for clarification.

I don't have a GPLv3 opinion yet since it's a changing document. But I
do see a need for a consistent licensing of the components of Linux to
avoid confusion and I'm worried that if any GPLv3 gets in then it will
be all GPLv3 so you would have to prohibity that if you are going to
stop Linux from becoming GPLv3 by default.

  Last update: 2006-01-26 23:19    [W:0.335 / U:0.064 seconds]