    SubjectRe: DMA Transfer problem
    Harish K Harshan wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Im having problems with DMA transfer on Linux, for an ADC card. The
    > card is AxiomTek AX5621H, and can use DMA channels 1 and 3. I tried
    > both the channels, but the DMA transfers are irregular (i.e.) at
    > different speeds (which of course is not acceptable, since that
    > application is time critical). The device driver (which I wrote) seems
    > to work fine for all the other systems I tried it on. But this problem
    > occurs only on one particular model of computer (Chino-Laxsons
    > Pentium-4 boards). I tried another system with the same configuration,
    > but the same resulted. After some time of execution, I get the kernel
    > panic screen, which says the CPU context is corrupt. Please help me
    > with this problem, as I need to get this driver working somehow on the
    > P4 systems. I tried the Redhat-9 kernel (2.4.20-8) and the debian
    > kernel too (2.2.20).... gave the same results.

    Could an ADC card be treated as a ALSA sound card PCM device.
    That card seems to have features very similar to a sound card.
    Sample rate.
    Variable gain.
    Multi-channels.
    ADC
    DMA

    I only suggest this, because it could result in a driver that is much
    easier to implement as ALSA supplies a lot of generalised support code
    at the kernel level.

    James

      Last update: 2006-01-24 14:02    [W:0.021 / U:2.196 seconds]