    SubjectRe: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest) (was: Rationale for RLIMIT_MEMLOCK?)
    Lee Revell <> wrote:

    > On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 22:21 +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
    > > Sounds really good. Can you give a pointer as to the detailed rlimit
    > > requirements?
    > I don't want to touch the rest of the thread, but the best info on the
    > above can be found in the linux-audio-user list archives. It's still a
    > little unclear exactly which packages are required, but IIRC PAM 0.80
    > supports it already. I believe this requires glibc changes eventually,
    > but programs like PAM and bash that deal with rlimits can work around it
    > if glibc is not aware of the new rlimit.

    Could you explain this more in depth?

    What you describe looks like you propose to add a line:

    to /etc/user_attr which would be honored by PAM during login.

    This is not what I like to see.

    What I like to see is that only specific programs like cdrecord
    would get the permissions to do more than joe user.

    -- (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin (uni) (work) Blog:

      Last update: 2006-01-23 22:48    [W:0.051 / U:7.844 seconds]