SubjectRe: Strange interrupt errors on ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
Date
Christoph Anton Mitterer wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Yesterday I've assebled the new PC of a friend and when we finished we
> tried to adapt his kernelconfiguration to the new hardware,...
> But when we were finished we had some strange errors.
>
> Perhaps you can help us.... the hardwareconfiguration is the following:
> - AMD Athlon64 X2 4400 +
> - ASUS A8N-SLI Premium
> - Kingston ECC RAM 2 GB
> - PATA Samsung HDD connected via hard drive mobile rack

I have a similar setup. (Using SATA instead). I boot with ACPI=off and
(irqfixup if using the onboard nv SATA controller). Make sure your BIOS is
set to a non-pnp OS.

In addition, I'm having some sort of race between X and keyboard driver
(seem to interact with SATA too). I solved that by setting CPU affinity to
the same processor for X and the keyboard IRQ handler.

Booting with apic=verbose might give some useful output as well.

Good luck, I've beating my head against the MB since I got it.

  Last update: 2006-01-21 23:51    [W:0.039 / U:1.768 seconds]