SubjectRe: [Alsa-devel] Re: RFC: OSS driver removal, a slightly different approach
On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 10:21 +0200, Dag Nygren wrote:
> > On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 21:24 +0100, Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
> > > Don't you all think a large part (if not most) of the
> > > "ALSA-unsupported"
> > > cards is no longed in any (Linux-related) use? I wouldn't be surprised
> > > if they just don't exist anymore. Who is to write drivers for them and
> > > -
> > > more importantly - who can test them?
> >
> > Yes, it would require a collector of ancient sound hardware... do you
> > know anyone like that?
> >
> > Even the NeoMagic 256 which is a Pentium II era device and was in
> > widespread use we cannot find a tester for.
>
> I could do that, my boy is still playing tuxpaint and other stuff on my old
> laptop
> with such a chip.

Thanks!

Basically just see if you can produce a hang by repeatedly loading and
unloading snd-nm256, preferably at a console, so you can see any Oops.
If you do see the hang, try the reset_workaround options described in
ALSA-Configuration.txt.

If you can reproduce a hang add printks in the module __init code and
try to narrow down where it dies.

Lee

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans