SubjectRFC: Multiple instances of kernel namespaces.

At this point I have to confess I have been working on something
similar, to IBM's pid virtualization work. But I have what is at
least for me a unifying concept, that makes things easier to think
about.

The idea is to think about things in terms of namespaces. Currently
in the kernel we have the fs/mount namespace already implemented.

Partly this helps on what the interface for creating a new namespace
instance should be. 'clone(CLONE_NEW<NAMESPACE_TYPE>)', and how
it should be managed from the kernel data structures.

Partly thinking of things as namespaces helps me scope the problem.

Does this sound like a sane approach?

Eric

  Last update: 2006-01-20 20:56    [W:0.128 / U:3.980 seconds]