    SubjectRe: RFC: OSS driver removal, a slightly different approach
    Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
    > Adrian Bunk <bunk@stusta.de> writes:
    > > (...)
    > > SOUND_PAS
    >
    > Pro Audio Spectrum. Earlier than GUS? 8-bit I think

    16-bit actually. SoundBlaster emulation capability of various kinds
    was claimed by the manufacturer, but I know of few cards of that era
    that *didn't* make such claims :-).

    > Don't you all think a large part (if not most) of the "ALSA-unsupported"
    > cards is no longed in any (Linux-related) use? I wouldn't be surprised
    > if they just don't exist anymore. Who is to write drivers for them and -
    > more importantly - who can test them?

    I can help out with the testing of the PAS, including the SCSI side of
    the Pro Audio Studio version of the card (another can of worms that the
    ALSA folks rightly have no responsibility for: it never really worked
    well with Linux because the driver supported the NCR chipset in polling
    mode only).

    As far as other old ISA soundcards I might be able to help test, I also
    have a GUS with the multiple proprietary CD-ROM interfaces on it, and a
    MAUI -- the latter being in a semi-modern PIII/1000 machine running FC4.