SubjectRe: [Pcihpd-discuss] Re: [patch 0/4] Hot Dock/Undock support
On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 14:51 +0000, Pavel Machek wrote:
> Hi!

> > > so the problem that I see is that this dsdt defines two separate dock
> > > devices, one outside the scope of pci, and one within it. The one
> > > outside the scope of pci defines the _EJ0 and _DCK methods. So, when
> > > acpiphp loads, it scans the pci slots for ejectable slots, finds none
> > > (because _EJ0 is defined in the dock device that is outside the scope of
> > > pci) and exits. This dsdt is different from the others I've used in
> > > that most of them define all methods related to docking under the actual
> > > dock bridge (within the scope of pci). perhaps some acpi people can
> > > shed some light on the best way to handle this - otherwise I'm sure I
> > > can hack something up that will be less than acceptable :).
> > >

> > ACPI has (had?) a braindamage - it drops devices that do not present
> > when initially scanning ACPI namespace. So if you boot undocked - too
> > bad. Driver won't ever see your docking station.
>
> I think I booted docked....

Yeah, that's not the problem here. The problem is that I assumed that
all _DCK methods would be defined under the actual pci dock bridge
device. It seems that was a bad assumption. I am redoing this patch so
as to not assume that anymore. I'll repost it as soon as I'm done with
a little bit of testing.

  Last update: 2006-01-20 02:27    [W:0.072 / U:0.020 seconds]