SubjectRe: [openib-general] Re: RFC: ipath ioctls and their replacements
Bryan O'Sullivan wrote:
> Our lowest-level driver works in the absence of any IB support being
> compiled into the kernel, so in that situation, there are no QPs or any
> other management infrastructure present at all. All of that stuff lives
> in a higher layer, in which situation the cut-down subnet management
> agent doesn't get used, and something like OpenSM is more appropriate.

I'm struggling to understand what your card does then. From this, it sounds
like a standard network card that just happens to use IB physicals. Do you just
send raw packets? How is the LRH formatted by your card? I.e. what's setting
up the dlid, slid, vl, etc.? Can your card interoperate with other IB devices
on the network when running in this mode?

- Sean

  Last update: 2006-01-19 22:13    [W:2.183 / U:0.552 seconds]