    Subject'serial' cannot be built as module
    From
    I've already tried reporting this to the maintainer in the MAINTAINERS file,
    but received no response (mail originally sent 15'th of november)

    Essentially, the 'serial' module is not, apparently, being built when set as
    modular. I definitely know it's not being installed when I do make
    modules_install.

    However, if I include it in the kernel, it works. The 'symbol' is SERIAL_8250
    according to the help in menuconfig.

    I'd really like to have this fixed, as I try to reduce the size of the
    kernel that I boot, as I have to load the kernel off a floppy disk.

    Timothy C. McGrath

      Last update: 2006-01-14 10:25    [W:0.021 / U:30.984 seconds]