SubjectRe: -mm seems significanty slower than mainline on kernbench
Martin Bligh wrote:
> Andy Whitcroft wrote:
>
>> Andy Whitcroft wrote:

>>> Ok. Tried testing different-approach-to-smp-nice-problem against the
>>> transition release 2.6.14-rc2-mm1 but it doesn't apply. Am testing
>>> against 2.6.15-mm3 right now. Will let you know.
>>

>> Doesn't appear to help if I am analysing the graphs right. Martin?
>

> Nope. still broken.

Interesting. The only real difference between this and Con's original
patch is the stuff that he did in source_load() and target_load() to
nobble the bias when nr_running is 1 or less. With this new model it
should be possible to do something similar in those functions but I'll
hold off doing anything until a comparison against 2.6.15-mm3 with the
patch removed is available (as there are other scheduler changes in -mm3).

Peter
--
Peter Williams pwil3058@bigpond.net.au

-- Ambrose Bierce