SubjectRe: -mm seems significanty slower than mainline on kernbench
Con Kolivas wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:29 pm, Peter Williams wrote:
>
>>Con Kolivas wrote:
>>
>>>This is a shot in the dark. We haven't confirmed 1. there is a problem 2.
>>>that this is the problem nor 3. that this patch will fix the problem.
>>
>>I disagree. I think that there is a clear mistake in my original patch
>>that this patch fixes.
>

> I agree with you on that. The real concern is that we were just about to push
> it upstream. So where does this leave us? I propose we delay merging the
> "improved smp nice handling" patch into mainline pending your further
> changes.

I think that they're already in 2.6.15 minus my "move load not tasks"
modification which I was expecting to go into 2.6.16. Is that what you
meant?

If so I think this is a small and obvious fix that shouldn't delay the
merging of "move load not tasks" into the mainline. But it's not my call.

Peter
--
Peter Williams pwil3058@bigpond.net.au

-- Ambrose Bierce