    SubjectRe: smp race fix between invalidate_inode_pages* and do_no_page
    On Fri, Dec 16, 2005 at 02:51:47PM +0100, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:
    > There was a minor buglet in the previous patch an update is here:

    JFYI: I got a few hours ago positive confirmation of the fix from the
    customer that was capable of reproducing this. I guess this is good
    enough for production use (it's at the very least certainly better than
    the previous code and it's guaranteed not to hurt the scalability of the
    fast path in smp, so it's the least intrusive fix I could imagine).

    So we can start to think if we should using this new primitive I
    created, and if to replace the yield() with a proper waitqueue (and
    how). Or if to take the risk of hitting a bit of scalability in the
    nopage page faults of processes, by rewriting the fix with a
    find_lock_page in the do_no_page handler, that would avoid the need of
    my new locking primitive.

    Comments welcome thanks!

      Last update: 2006-01-10 07:28    [W:0.018 / U:3.052 seconds]