    SubjectRe: MPlayer broken under 2.6.15-rc7-rt1?
    Arjan van de Ven wrote:

    > What you have here is a bit of a gray area; you're using one of the
    > maybe-illegal binary modules that has a really long history of
    > introducing bugs that, just from the oops, may appear unrelated to this
    > module, and you can't reproduce it without. Just not because the bug
    > won't happen, but because you state that the application that triggers
    > it won't run without it.

    Wrong. The "nv" driver supports xvideo, and does this better than the
    official "nvidia" driver. When I had a GeForce 2 MX 200 (now this card
    is dead), my computer was was fast enough to play DVDs with
    deinterlacing with the "nv" driver, but not with "nvidia". Probably due
    to improper MTRR setup done by the "nvidia" driver.

    So the original reporter was actually just lazy or misinformed about the
    capabilities of the "nv" driver.

    Alexander E. Patrakov
    Don't mail to the server is off until 2006-01-11
    Use my GMail or linuxfromscratch address instead

      Last update: 2006-01-01 15:30    [W:0.019 / U:66.920 seconds]