SubjectRe: swsusp
Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

>On Friday, 9 of September 2005 07:09, you wrote:
>

>>Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,

>>>Could you just try
>>>
>>># echo shutdown > /sys/power/disk && echo disk > /sys/power/state
>>>
>>>without unloading any modules and see what happens (it should suspend
>>>to disk)?
>>>
>>>If it craches, could you boot the kernel with the init=/bin/bash option and try
>>>
>>># mount /sys
>>># mount /proc
>>># /sbin/swapon -a
>>># echo shutdown > /sys/power/disk && echo disk > /sys/power/state
>>>
>>>and see what happens?
>>>
>>>Rafael
>>>

>>yes I did try this it just crashes and tacks out my file system with it
>>and I have to reinstall to recover from it it chops up files like bash
>>and every thing on the path the error codes scroll by so fast there is
>>no hope ov finding out what errors are tacking place
>>

>Then I guess your swap partition is on a logcal volume. Is it?
>
>Rafael

I sould have sed more than just where my syap parttion is
in linux2.6.13/Doucumentation /power/deviecs.txt it says
somethhing about pci bus devices causing problems
with just my sound card modules it just halts with an oops
with pcmcia modules loaded it eats the file system
with the pci bus mouldes unloaded ALL of them it suspends fine
and resumes just fine
this works I can live with this I dont mind that all the pci bus devices
have to be turned off and restarted after resume
what I need is a safe way to reload them
I tryed sleep 5 (this may have been too short ) then rerunning the /etc/rc.d
scripts to reload them it ate my file system
I have an extra file parttion with minum install and a tat.bz2 of a fresh
install to recover from Note (all of this was done from a fresh install
of slackware 10.1

  Last update: 2005-09-09 22:50    [W:0.100 / U:1.180 seconds]