SubjectRe: nfs4 client bug
On 9/5/05, Bret Towe <> wrote:
> On 9/4/05, J. Bruce Fields <> wrote:
> > >
> > > no i havent used that im usally in x when its freezing
> > > x wont even switch to console would it still give me anything then?
> >
> > Well, you can try something like:
> > alt-sysrq-T
> > wait a couple seconds, then
> > alt-sysrq-S
> > alt-sysrq-U
> > alt-sysrq-B
> > with maybe a second between each to give stuff a chance to get to disk.
> >
> > Then if you're lucky you may find the stack dumps in your log after you
> > reboot.
> tried it and so far no luck ill keep trying a few more times and see
> if i can get it
> to spit somethin out to disk but i dont think ill be that lucky as that would
> prob make life to easy wouldnt it?

How about

serial console over a cross-over cable to a second box.
netconsole will let you put the console on a different box over the network.
console on line printer will let you have a permanent record of the
console output on paper.

the help entry for "config LP_CONSOLE" (in drivers/char/Kconfig)

Would any of those perhaps help you in capturing anything ?

Jesper Juhl <>
Don't top-post
Plain text mails only, please