    SubjectRe: nfs4 client bug
    On 9/5/05, Bret Towe <> wrote:
    > On 9/4/05, J. Bruce Fields <> wrote:
    > > >
    > > > no i havent used that im usally in x when its freezing
    > > > x wont even switch to console would it still give me anything then?
    > >
    > > Well, you can try something like:
    > > alt-sysrq-T
    > > wait a couple seconds, then
    > > alt-sysrq-S
    > > alt-sysrq-U
    > > alt-sysrq-B
    > > with maybe a second between each to give stuff a chance to get to disk.
    > >
    > > Then if you're lucky you may find the stack dumps in your log after you
    > > reboot.
    > tried it and so far no luck ill keep trying a few more times and see
    > if i can get it
    > to spit somethin out to disk but i dont think ill be that lucky as that would
    > prob make life to easy wouldnt it?

    How about

    serial console over a cross-over cable to a second box.
    netconsole will let you put the console on a different box over the network.
    console on line printer will let you have a permanent record of the
    console output on paper.

    the help entry for "config LP_CONSOLE" (in drivers/char/Kconfig)

    Would any of those perhaps help you in capturing anything ?

    Jesper Juhl <>
    Don't top-post
    Plain text mails only, please

      Last update: 2005-09-05 22:51    [W:0.021 / U:1.872 seconds]