SubjectRe: [howto] Kernel hacker's guide to git, updated

Thanks for all the comments. I just updated the KHGtG with the feedback
I received. Go to

http://linux.yyz.us/git-howto.html

and click reload. Continued criticism^H^H^Hcomments welcome!

Two items of note:

1)
> automatically. Running the following one-liner every once in a
> while would sync your set of tags with Linus:
>
> git fetch origin `git-ls-remote --tags origin | sed -ne 's|^.*refs/tags/|tag |p'`

that's way too long and convoluted to deal with. Once the 'git fetch
--tags' changes make it into the official repository (are they there
already?), I'll remove all the remaining direct references to running rsync.

2) What is the easiest way to obtain a list of changes present in
repository B, that are not present in repository A? I used to use
git-changes-script [hacked cg-log script] for this:

$ cd /repo/netdev-2.6
$ git-changes-script -L ../linux-2.6

would display all changes in /repo/netdev-2.6 which are not present in
/repo/linux-2.6. This is similar to 'git log master..HEAD', except for
repositories rather than branches.

Jeff

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans