    SubjectRe: [howto] Kernel hacker's guide to git, updated

    On Fri, 30 Sep 2005, Junio C Hamano wrote:
    > I suspect the version Linus posted has a funny interaction with
    > 'git-pull'; 'git pull --tags' by mistake, or intentionally to
    > file a bug report to annoy me ;-), would create an Octopus out
    > of those tags, if I am not mistaken.

    Hey, even more impressive is "git pull --all", which will happily try to
    create an octopus of every single ref available at the other end.

    Now, I think that octopus merges in _general_ are likely to be driver
    error, and that it might make sense to have a separate flag to enable
    them in the first place. That would solve the confusion..

    So then you could do

    git pull --all --octopus xyzzy

    if you _really_ meant to do that.

      Last update: 2009-11-18 23:46    [W:0.020 / U:60.156 seconds]