    SubjectRe: 2.6.14-rc2-rt7 - AMD64 runs GREAT! (threaded/non-threaded interrupts?)
    On 9/30/05, Daniel Walker <dwalker@mvista.com> wrote:
    > On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 08:54 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > > I finally managed to find an acceptable set of config options last
    > > even that build correctly. The kernel came right up and is working
    > > wonderfully on my Gentoo system. I've been up for a few hours this
    > > morning with Jack going at 128/2. (<6mS latency) Music is streaming
    > > with no xruns, even while doing emerge sync/emerge world operations.
    > >

    > > One question. In earlier rt kernels there was a way to set specific
    > > ISR routinges as threaded or non-threaded through
    > > /proc/irq/ISR#/DEVICE/threaded. Does anything like this exist anymore?
    >
    > I think there was a way to select softirqd as thread or not. This
    > doesn't exist for interrupts because the ISR would need to be modified
    > at compile time to work correctly. So you can't simple select drivers to
    > run in interrupt context unless they are specifically written to do so.
    >
    > Daniel

    I'll keep that in mind over the next few days. So far this is running
    very, very well, although the testing is still young.

    I was beginning to wonder if this machine was going to be useful. I'm
    now far more confident.

    Cheers and out,
    Mark

      Last update: 2005-09-30 18:17    [W:0.026 / U:0.148 seconds]