SubjectRe: [patch 1/1] cpufreq_conservative: invert meaning of 'ignore_nice'
Dave Jones wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 01:46:33PM +0200, Blaisorblade wrote:

> > So userspace tools will error out rather than do the reverse of what they were
> > doing, and the user will fix the thing according to the (new) docs.
>
> Agreed. If we change this, we change it completely.
> Stefan already mentioned his app will break, and we typically don't
> find out about widespread breakage until after we ship a release.

I can live with the change - powersaved has a setting "consider_nice" to
configure this and i can put out a support article telling people to
"invert" this setting if they are running custom kernels, so it is not
really a showstopper for me. Most of the users don't understand thos
settings anyway ;-)

I'm not sure what is better for me - a nice short name or a clear
indication on which version we are running ;-)
--
Stefan Seyfried \ "I didn't want to write for pay. I
QA / R&D Team Mobile Devices \ wanted to be paid for what I write."