SubjectRe: FUSE merging?
> > Yes, it may confuse the user.  It may even confuse the kernel for
> > sticky directories(*). But basically it just works, and is very
> > simple.
> >

> In principal, Plan 9 file servers handle permission checking
> server-side, so we could likewise punt -- but it seemed a good idea to
> have some form of mapping for directory listings (and things like
> sticky directories) to make sense.

Yes if the user/group names are available (as in 9P), then doing the
mapping based on /etc/passwd for example makes sense.

But sshfs only transfers the numeric uid/gid, and hence there's simply
no info to base any transformation on.

It could transfer /etc/passwd from the remote server, and use that to
do mapping, but that is getting more complex than the problem actually
warrants IMO.

Miklos

  Last update: 2005-09-03 17:42    [W:0.038 / U:0.520 seconds]