SubjectRe: I request inclusion of SAS Transport Layer and AIC-94xx into the kernel

Dave,

Was it really necessary to this far and rude?

I heard the snow is falling and there is a fresh shipment of hash headed
out to the slopes, don't be late.

Not sure who to credit the following to:

When TOE's were introduced to Linux, there was a violent rejection of this
hardware because Linux is superior in the NetStack than any other possible
NetStack every created.

The point is there is a known history in Linux to reject things which
steps on peoples' egos.

Have a great ski trip.

Cheers,

Andre

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005, David S. Miller wrote:

> From: Jeff Garzik <jgarzik@pobox.com>
> Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:22:53 -0400
>
> > Both Luben and his predecessor, Justin Gibbs, were severely dissatisfied
> > with the SCSI core. Often they have raised valid issues that need
> > addressing, but their choice has been to work around or ignore existing
> > code (and maintainers), rather than work with it, and fix it.
>
> I'm in violent agreement here.
>
> Justin was just as anti-social of an engineer as one could get. And,
> when you put an ex-FreeBSD guy onto Linux driver maintainence, what in
> the world could anyone expect. :-)
>
> For example, instead of accepting that the symbol "current" is a
> reserved symbol when compiling under the Linux kernel, he decided that
> "sticking a square peg into a round hole" was a better way to deal
> with this, and thus he put an "#undef current" into the adaptec driver
> instead of simply renaming a structure member from "current" to
> something else.
>
> I don't know how else to define "control freak".
> -

  Last update: 2005-09-29 07:51    [W:0.451 / U:0.064 seconds]