SubjectRe: [patch] Reset the high water marks in CPUs pcp list
Christoph Lameter wrote:

>I know that Jack and Nick did something with those counts to insure that
>page coloring effects are avoided. Would you comment?

The 'batch' argument to setup_pageset should be clamped to a power
of 2 minus 1 (ie. 15, 31, etc), which was found to avoid the worst
of the colouring problems.

pcp->high of the hotlist IMO should have been reduced to 4 anyway
after its pcp->low was reduced from 2 to 0.

I don't see that there would be any problems with playing with the
->high and ->low numbers so long as they are a reasonable multiple
of batch, however I would question the merit of setting the high
watermark of the cold queue to ->batch + 1 (should really stay at
2*batch IMO).

Nick

  Last update: 2005-09-29 08:52    [W:0.064 / U:0.100 seconds]