    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Framework for automatic Configuration of a Kernel
    Hi Ahmad,

    Ahmad Reza Cheraghi wrote:

    > Again another good Idea. Your right;-) Its better.
    > But it better getting another way of detecting the
    > Hardware/Software etc. from the System without using
    > lspci or the proc-files...?

    Well, the proc files are always here (it removes one requisite which is
    to have lspci installed). So, I would go for the proc files.

    > Something that gets all
    > the Hardware Information directly from the I/O and not
    > from the Kernel. The good thing about lspci is that it
    > does both . But it doesnt say if there is a CDROM or
    > floppy-disc...

    Well, lspci is for PCI bus devices, it's already a lot, but not
    everything (that's why you need several scripts/methods to detect
    hardware, I guess).

    > I tryed alot to search for something
    > like that but without any success. I heard about this
    > Otopia Project. I google after it but I didnt find
    > anything usefule. I think its dead.

    I don't know this project.

    Regards
    --
    Emmanuel Fleury

    echo '16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sb20293A2058554E494Csnlbxq'|dc
    -- Unknown