SubjectRe: AIO Support and related package information??
hi sebastien,

http://www.bullopensource.org/posix/Bench/sysbench->oltp/sysbench.html
>> for benchmarks using Sysbench and MySQL.

I think this link is broken as it is not working ...
Can you please check it ....

>> > 2.1) aio_read/aio_write is supported but what
>> > limitation are there
>>
>> Supported but without notification (SIGEV_NONE
>> only).

Can you please tell whether kernel behaves
asynchronously for read operation without O_DIRECT
MACRO's ???

> > 4) Is there any test program that can measure
> > efficiency for both glibc and libposix
> implementation
>
> I personally use Sysbench and have compiled 3
> MySQL servers,
> one with librt AIO, one with libposix-aio and one
> with MySQL
> native simulated AIO.
>
> You may also try iozone.

Can you please tell which one is better among three
that you have tested

4) Is there any simple procedure to test the above
mentioned library packages ???

WITH THANKS IN ADVANCE

vIKAS