    SubjectRe: AIO Support and related package information??

    hi Sebastien ,

    I am having yet another query related to AIO Support

    1)As you mentioned that aio posix support is provided
    by glibc also so can you tell me on the performance
    basis which one is better (glibc implementation or
    libposix implementation ) and how do we measure the
    performance

    I have compiled glibc with following command

    gcc -g $1.c -o $1 -lrt -lpthread

    2)What posix features is supported by bare kernel and
    libposix implementation, without applying the
    patches.I have broken down my query in following
    parts

    2.1) aio_read/aio_write is supported but what
    limitation are there

    2.2) aio_fsync is supported or not

    2.3) what are the limitation with lio_listio

    2.4) what are the additional feature it provides for
    aio_cancel implementation

    3) Is glibc implementation is providing all the above
    mentioned fetures

    4) Is there any test program that can measure
    efficiency for both glibc and libposix implementation

    With Thanks in advance
    Vikas