SubjectRe: init and zap low address mappings on demand for cpu hotplug
> This patch introduces boot_level4_pgt, which will always have low identity
> addresses mapped. Druing boot, all the processors will use this as their
> level4 pgt. On BP, we will switch to init_level4_pgt as soon as we enter
> C code and zap the low mappings as soon as we are done with the usage of
> identity low mapped addresses. On AP's we will zap the low mappings as
> soon as we jump to C code.

Looks good. Thanks Suresh. The boot page tables should be marked __initdata
now, but that can be done in an follow on patch.

i386 should probably get similar treatment.

  Last update: 2005-09-26 09:04    [W:0.047 / U:2.512 seconds]