    SubjectRe: AIO Support and related package information??
    hi Sebastein,
    Well Thanks For your Reply...
    I will Try to Provide support on Arm Platform ...
    but while cross building in configure script only i am
    getting error i had given follwing option with
    configure script
    CC=<pathto cross compiler> ./configure --host=<arm
    host> --prefix=<build library>

    But i am getting errors ...
    Can you please look into the matter

    Thanks in advance

    http://www.kvack.org/~bcrl/patches/aio-2.6.13-rc6-B1-all.diff

> [...]
    > asynchrony and does not use kernel support.
    >

    > > 3) What is the relation between libposixaio
    > pacakage
    > > supported by bullsource.net and libaio pacakage
    > > supported by redhat ....
    >
    > None, libposix-aio used to rely on libaio for the
    > syscalls but that's
    > no longer the case.
    >

    > > 4) I am able to built that libposix package
    > without
    > > libaio ??????
    >
    > Normal.
    >

    > > 5) are these pacakages are supported for othewr
    > > platforms such as arm and ppc ,I am not able to
    > build
    > > libposix for arm platform.Do Cross compiling is
    > > supported ???
    > >

    > Right now support is provided for:
    >
    > i386 - tested
    > ia64 - not tested
    > x86_64 - not tested
    >
    > If you're willing to add support for other
    > platforms there is
    > only one file to add for implementing the
    > architecture dependant
    > syscalls, such as syscall_arm.h or syscall_ppc.h.
    > Look at the sources.
    >

    > > 6) How to use these api in test program
    > >
    > > Can i use it as mentioned below ????
    > >
    > > Test1.c
    > >
    > > #include <aio.h>
    > > #include <errno.h>
    > > #include <stdio.h>
    > > #include <string.h>
    > > #include <unistd.h>
    > >
    > > #define BYTES 8
    > >
    > > int main( int argc, char *argv[] )
    > > {
    > > int i, r;
    > > int fildes;
    > > struct aiocb cb;
    > > char buff[BYTES];
    > >
    > > if ((fildes = open( "/etc/resolv.conf",
    > O_RDONLY
    > > )) < 0) {
    > > perror( "opening file" ); return 1;
    > > }
    > >
    > > cb.aio_fildes = fildes;
    > > cb.aio_offset = 0;
    > > cb.aio_buf = buff;
    > > cb.aio_nbytes = BYTES;
    > > cb.aio_reqprio = 0;
    > > cb.aio_sigevent.sigev_notify = SIGEV_NONE;
    > >
    > > errno = 0;
    > > r = aio_read( &cb );
    > > printf( "aio_read() ret: %i\terrno: %i\n",
    > r,
    > > errno );
    > >
    > > while (aio_error( &cb ) == EINPROGRESS) {
    > > usleep( 10 ); }
    > >
    > > for (i = 0; i < BYTES; i++) { printf( "%c ",
    > > buff[i] ); } printf(
    > > "\n" );
    > >
    > > errno = 0;
    > > r = aio_return( &cb );
    > > printf( "aio_return() ret: %i\tBYTES:
    > %i\terrno:
    > > %i\n", r, BYTES,
    > > errno );
    > >
    > > return 0;
    > > }
    >
    > That should be OK. Look at the examples in
    > libposix-aio, in
    > the check and testbed subdirectories.
    >

    > > Any other information, if u can provide then it

    === message truncated ===